Empty nester couple downsized from large Newton home to condominium in Boston’s Back Bay. Interior design throughout.
Meld the couple’s love of folk art and collectibles with the refined bones of a Commonwealth Ave. condo.
- Maintained comfortable, homey feel clients were afraid they’d lose in the city
- Incorporated many existing pieces; about 40 percent of condo furnishings are from Newton house
- Filled in with new furniture, area rugs, and lighting
- Wall treatments provide a cozy backdrop—strie paint finishes in the living room, dining room, and master bedroom, as well as textured wallpaper in the foyer
- Breakfast table and chairs give the white kitchen a country flair
- Showcased clients’ favorite art and accessories