Clients with two children outgrew the condo I previously designed, trading up to a three-bedroom in Boston’s Millennium Tower. Worked with FBN Construction Co. to outfit the newly constructed blank space; interior design throughout.
Sophisticated, luxury interiors commensurate with the quality of the building and able to stand up to young children.
- Defined living and dining areas by installing subtle drop ceilings that also house wiring for lights
- Maintained a restrained color palette that doesn’t compete with the city views
- A custom-designed living room sofa (covered in a performance fabric) curves around so family feels enveloped; Holly Hunt coffee table is a toddler-friendly shape
- Custom built-in cabinetry in the living room provides toy storage, as well as buffet space for entertaining; finish is a bleached wood similar to existing floors but set off with a metallic glaze that catches in the wood grain
- Kristen Rivoli custom designed living room rug; silk lines against a wool background make the single-color neutral rug dynamic
- A freeform chandelier and round table further define the dining area: chairs have decorative fabric on back but easy-wipe leather on the seats
- Colorful play space next to kitchen features a custom mini sofa
- Cork wallpaper in hallway has an elegant metallic background and offers sound absorption in a home with lots of glass; Kristen Rivoli custom designed rug runners
- Custom cabinetry in children’s bedrooms accommodates beds turned in either direction
- Outfitted small entryway with a custom mirror and floating console table that leaves plenty of space for a stroller and shoes